Friday, March 13, 2015

My Glitter TOMS

I love heels!  I love boots with heels!  I love to wear them with skirts, dresses, and jeans.  I haven't rocked them with shorts, but I have thought about it.  Well my heels and I are on a break, a temporary break, but a break nevertheless.  When I started having issues walking I realized I was in need of flats.  It is super hard for me to find flats that I like.  My poor husband has schlepped me from store to store to try to find me some flats.  Then one night I was checking my email and there it was, an email from Zulily.  They were having a TOMS sale!!!!  I scrolled through my options and that was the first time I saw them, Glitter TOMS.  My husband laughed and doubted me when I told him I would wear them a lot.  Glitter is a neutral!!!  I love my Glitter TOMS.  Wayne (my hubby) was chuckling a couple of months ago, because I wear them so much.

Then today happened...

Last week my Lupus was giving me a rough time and on top of that Wayne and I came down with a virus.  Today I woke up feeling good and I came up with an idea!  I told Wayne I had a surprise and we got in the car.  Powell Gardens has a butterfly exhibit going on right now, and I thought it would be neat to go.  It was neat and the butterflies were very friendly.  We decided to check out one of the trails.  I say we, but my man did have some reservations.  I was so excited to be feeling good, to be with my man, the weather was beautiful, there was no holding me back.  It was beautiful, but then the trail got muddy.  But we kept trucking.  I did at one moment comment that I think I was the first person to walk the trail in glitter TOMS.  We chuckled.  Little did we know what was up ahead.  We rounded a corner and there it was a five foot wide section of very wet mud.  I joked that I should walk it bare foot to protect my shoes...


I made a poor decision and got stuck in the mud with my shoes on!  Actually the mud tried to claim one of my shoes and I had to battle to keep it!!!  The look on Wayne's face!  That made me laugh even harder!  Yes I was laughing.  How ridiculous am I?!?!?!  I cleaned off as much of the mud as I could and put my shoes back on and kept walking.  I was giggling so much.  Wayne was laughing and shaking his head.  Spontaneity does have its causalties sometimes.  

Now don't cry for me just yet...


YES!!!!  So in November Zulily may have had another TOMS sale.  I may have bought a back up pair of Glitter TOMS!!!  Yes, yes I did!!!   GLITTER TOMS 2.0 BABY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment